Park Board Commissioner Casey Crawford
Commissioner Casey Crawford of the Non-Partisan Association (NPA) joins the Park Board for a first term. A life-long resident of Greater Vancouver and a dedicated community volunteer, Commissioner Crawford actively gives back to his city, particularly in the areas of health and sports. He is formerly the chair of the board of directors for the Stroke Recovery Association of BC and a player agent with Little Mountain Baseball.
Commissioner Crawford has been involved in numerous local organizations, including the Canadian Diabetes Association, Quilchena Elementary School Parent Advisory Council – where he served as its chair – and the University of British Columbia’s Crane Library.
Commissioner Crawford’s priorities include transparent, collaborative, long-term planning for facility renewal and development in Vancouver; repairing the relationship with neighbourhood associations and community centres; and engaging in genuine consultation on major initiatives.
Commissioner Crawford spends his free time with his wife and two sons playing soccer, baseball, and field hockey, and cycling on the city’s bike routes.
Liaison to community centre associations
- Kerrisdale Community Centre Society
- Mount Pleasant Community Association
- Riley Park Hillcrest Community Association
- Strathcona Community Centre Association
- West End and Coal Harbour Community Association
- Jericho Sailing Centre Association
- Vancouver City Planning Commission
- Vancouver Field Sports Federation
- Vancouver Heritage Commission
- Vancouver Sport Network