West King Edward Avenue road improvement project
On May 5, 2015, the City will begin the road contruction on West King Edward Avenue from Quesnel Drive to Granville Street.
- 1400 to 3000 blk W King Edward Ave (from Quesnel Dr to Granville St)
Duration of work
- Start: May 5, 2015
- End: October 2015
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm (unless ovetime is required due to unforeseen circumstances)
Impacts to traffic, parking, residents
During construction, traffic in West King Edward will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
Street parking will be affected by the presence of work trailers and construction equipment. Parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they no longer needed.
This project will enhance this neighbourhood by:
- Rehabilitating spot locations of curb and gutter, sidewalk and disability ramps along W King Edward Ave between Quesnel Drive and Granville Street;
- Paving of W King Edward Ave between Quesnel Drive and Granville Street; and
- Installation new drain tile to improve drainage between Macdonald Street and Cypress Street