West 8th Avenue Sewer Construction Project (Phase I)
City crews have begun the construction work to replace the aging sewer along West 8th Avenue from Alma Street to Waterloo Street.
- 3400- 3600 blk West 8th Avenue (from Alma Street to Waterloo Street)
- Start: May 07, 2014 End: August 01, 2014
- 2300 blk Dunbar Street (from W 8th Avenue to the north lane
Start: May 07, 2014 End: May 07, 2014
- 2400 blk Waterloo Street (from W 8th Avenue to the south lane)
- Start: May 08, 2014 End: May 15, 2014
(Please note dates are subject to change)
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm (may include weekend work)
Impacts to traffic, parking and residents
Traffic in West 8th Avenue, Dunbar Street and Waterloo Street will be reduced or closed off throughout construction.
Residents access will be maintained at all times.
Local parking may be affected by the presence of work trailers and equipment. Temporary parking restrictions will be removed as soon they no longer needed.
If you are expecting deliveries or need to access to your parking, please contact us and our crews will do their best to accommodate you.
How this project will improve the city
This project will improve the condition of the sewer system in this neighbourhood.