West 47th Avenue, West 48th Avenue, Ontario St and Manitoba Street sewers main replacement project
The City of Vancouver will be replacing the sewer mains along Ontario St, West 47th Avenue, West 48th Avenue and Manitoba Street.
Locations and duration of work
- 6400 blk Ontario Street (from West 48th Ave to West 49th Ave) - mid July
- 0 blk West 48th Avenue (from Ontario St to Manitoba St) - late August
- Manitoba Street (from W 47th Ave to West 48th Ave) - mid September
- West 47th Avenue (from Manitoba St to Alberta St) - mid November
Note: Anticipated duration of work to be approximately 20 weeks.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm (unless overtime is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances)
Impact to traffic, parking and residents
Through traffic and parking will be closed off on the active construction area. Parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they no longer needed.
During construction at intersections, full closures will be in effect.
Residents access will be maintained.
If you are expecting deliveries or having difficulty accessing to your parking, please contact us at 3-1-1 or 604.873.7000 and our city staff will do their best to accomodate your request.
How this project will improve the city
This project will improve the sewer main infrastructures on these neighbourhood. Once replaced, the pipes are expected to serve the neighbourhood for another 100 years.