Ontario Street Neighbourhood Energy Utility (NEU) service expansion and water main upgrade project
The City of Vancouver is expanding the neighbouhood energy utility (NEU) services along Ontario Street from East 1st Ave to East 2nd Avenue. This work also include the upgrading of the water main along Ontario St from East 1st Avenue to East 2nd Avenue.
- 1700 blk Ontario St (from East 1st Ave to East 2nd Ave)
Duration of work
- Start: July 20, 2015
- End: September 2015
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm (unless overtime is required due to unforeseen circumstances)
Impacts to traffic, parking, residents and businesses
- During construction, traffic on Ontario Street and East 1st Avenue will be reduced or closed off on the active construction area.
- Available street parking will be reduced in order to accommodate the construction project as well as vehicle traffic. Parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they are no longer needed.
The City recognizes the impact that this project will have on the neighbourhood and we appreciate your understanding as we undertake this important infrastructure project.
How this project will improve the city
- This project will provide heat and hot water to buildings in the Southeast False Creek neighbourhood; and
- This project will improve the water main infrastructure in this neighbourhood. Once replaced, the pipes are expected to serve the neighbourhood for another 100 years.