MacDonald Street sewer main reconstruction project
City crews have begun the construction to replace the aging sewer main along MacDonald Street, West 45th Avenue and Elm Street.
Location and expected duration
- West 45th Avenue from MacDonald Street to Elm Street & Elm Street from W 45th Avenue to W 41st Avenue
- Start: Late September 2014
- Duration of work: 16 weeks
- MacDonald St from South of SW Marine Dr to West 45th Avenue
- Start: November 2014
- Duration of work: 20 weeks
(Please note above dates are subject to change)
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm (unless overtime is required due to unforseen circumstances)
- Under Construction
Impacts to traffic, parking and residents
During the course of construction, traffic in MacDonald Street will be closed off or reduced.
Residents access will be maintained.
Street parking may be affected by the presence of work trailers and construction equipment.
If you are expecting deliveries or need access to your parking, please contact our office at 604.873.7000 and our crews will do their best to accommodate you.
How this project will improve the city
This project will improve the current condition of the sewer system in this neighborhood.