Lane East Hornby Street sewer replacement construction project
City crews have begun the construction to replace the current sewer main located in the lanes of Hornby Street and Beach Avenue.
Location and expected duration
- Hornby Street - from Beach Avenue to lane north of Beach Avenue
- Start: Monday, January 27, 2014
- End: Friday, January 31, 2014
- Lane North of Beach Avenue - from Hornby Street to lane east of Hornby Street
- Start: Monday, February 03, 2014
- End: Friday, February 07, 2014
- Lane East of Hornby Street - from Lane north of Beach Avenue to Drake Street (south of Pacific Street)
- Start: Monday, February 10, 204
- End: Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm (may include weekend work)
Impacts to traffic, parking and businesses
Hornby Street will not be closed during construction, although minor traffic delays will be expected.
Lane parking may be affected by the presence of work trailers and construction equipment. Temporary parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they no longer needed.
How this project will improve the city
This project will improve the current condition of the sewer main in this neighbourhood.