Howe Street road improvement project
City crews have begun the sidewalk and curb ramps (located in the intersections) rehabilitation works along Howe Street from Drake Street to Robson Street. This project also include the repaving Howe Street from Nelson Street to Drake Street.
- 800-1200 blk Howe St (from Drake St to Robson St)
Duration of work
- Start: February 2015
- End: May 2015
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 3pm (unless overtime is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances)
Impact to traffic and businesses
Traffic in Howe Street will be reduced throughout construction. Street parking will be affected by the presence of work trailers and construction equipment. During the repaving work on Howe St between Nelson St and Drake St, there will be some lane closures and parking restrictions. Parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they no longer needed.
Access to businesses (with frontages to the Howe Street sidewalk) will be maintained throughout the sidewalk work.
Following the completion of the sidewalk and curb ramps work, the full width of Howe St between Nelson St and Drake St will be repaved in early April 2015 (work may be done during the weekends). During repaving work, two lanes will be maintained at all times.
How this project will improve the City
This project will improved this neighbourhood by:
1. Rehabilitating spot locations of sidewalks along Howe St from Drake St to Robson St;
2. Improving the curb ramps located at the intersections of Howe St/Robson St, Howe St/Smithe St, Howe St/Nelson St, Howe St/Helmcken St and Howe/Drake St; and
3. Repaving the full width of Howe St between Nelson St and Drake St.