Hemlock Street rehabilitation project
On March 9, 2015, the City begin the construction on sewer and water infrastruction rehabilitation on Hemlock Street from West 4th Ave to West 15th Avenue
- 2100-3100 block Hemlock Street (from West 4th Avenue to West 15th Avenue)
Duration of work
- Start: March 9, 2015
- End: July 2015
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Occasional weekend and afterhours work
- Under construction
Impact to traffic, parking, businesses, and residents
During construction, traffic on Hemlock Street will be reduced or closed off in the active construction area.
As of March 9, southbound traffic on Hemlock Street will be diverted at Broadway. Northbound traffic on Hemlock Street will be reduced to a single lane at 12th Avenue. Drivers should plan alternative routes to avoid this area and minimize travel delays.
Available street parking will be reduced on Hemlock Street in order to accommodate the construction project as well as vehicle traffic. Parking restrictions will be removed as soon as they are no longer needed.
The City recognizes the impact that this project will have on the neighbourhood and we appreciate your understanding as we undertake this important infrastructure project.
How this project will improve the city
The project will replace aging sewer, water, and streets infrastructure on Hemlock Street and includes the following enhancements:
- Replacing and upgrading water distribution mains from 11th Avenue to 15th Avenue
- Separating the sewer system from 10th Avenue to 15th Avenue
- Replacing curbs and sidewalks as necessary from 6th Avenue to 15th Avenue
- Repaving the street from 6th Avenue to 15th Avenue