Comox-Helmcken Greenways Project
City crews are working at Comox St and Helmcken St from Stanley Park to Hornby St for the Comox-Helmcken Greenways Project.
- 1000-2000 block Comox St (from Burrard St to Stanley Park)
- 300-900 block Helmcken St ( from Burrard St to Mainland St)
- Start: Wednesday, Jan 02, 2013
- End: Monday, August 05, 2013
Hours of work
- Monday through Saturday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
Impacts to traffic, parking, and businesses
Traffic on Comox St and Helmcken St will be reduced to local traffic only. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times. To minimize disruption to residents and businesses, paving may be done on the weekend to accomodate regular traffic.
Local parking may be affected by the presence of work trailers and equipment. Temporary parking restrictions will be removed as soon they no longer needed.
How this project will improve the city
The Greenway Project will provide an important east-west connection through Downtown that will:
- Connect parks, schools, community centres, cultural features, historic sites, nieghbourhood and retail areas
- Improve pedestrian and cyclist safety
- Provide gardens and trees that will beautify the street
- Provide vibrant hubs for social activities
- Provide places to sit, rest, and socialize