Drinking water fountains
Drinking water fountains serve fresh, potable water around the city. These fountains are installed and maintained by the City of Vancouver and Vancouver Park Board.
Vancouver tests the city's drinking water frequently to ensure and maintain a high quality level.
Temporary drinking water fountains
During heat waves, the City connects additional drinking fountains to our fresh water supply. These temporary drinking fountains are placed in specific locations that benefit the elderly, very young, and homeless.
From July 1 to early fall (or earlier, if the threat of a heat wave passes), temporary fountains are located at:
- Ontario Street and East 1st Avenue intersection
- Commercial Drive and East Broadway intersection
- Granville Street and West 70th Avenue intersection
- East Hastings Street and Heatley Street intersection
- Robson Street and Bidwell Street intersection
- Richards Street and Dunsmuir Street intersection