Volunteer to help in an emergency - Join the Vancouver Volunteer Corps
Are you interested in helping your community and playing a critical role during major events, emergencies, and disasters? Join the Vancouver Volunteer Corps (VVC) and show you care for our city and region.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Work with the public
- Prepare for and respond to emergencies
- Provide leadership
- Participate in public speaking
Volunteers are trained to be ambassadors during civic events, such as the Celebration of Light, Canada Day, and the Santa Claus Parade and in emergency situations, such as building fires or natural disasters.
Opportunities for further training
You will have opportunities to pursue further training and join specialized response teams, including:
- Emergency Social Services (ESS)
- Neighbourhood Emergency Assistance Team (NEAT)
- Neighbourhood Emergency Preparedness Program (NEPP)
Watch a video about NEAT, below.